After working with a large Birmingham firm since 1992, Haskins Jones started his own firm in 2013. Besides greatly reducing the number of meetings, the small firm setting allows Haskins to provide greater personal focus to his clients and their needs and affords him more flexibility in structuring alternative fee arrangements.Haskins has over twenty two years of experience practicing commercial and general corporate law, with an emphasis on finance and commercial real estate. Because of his extensive real estate experience, Haskins has a broad knowledge of industry best practices and market terms and conditions. He regularly counsels lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers, tenants, investors and developers in a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions. In addition, Haskins provides general corporate and business law advice to small and mid-size companies.Prior to forming his own firm, Haskins was a partner in the Birmingham firm Johnston Barton Proctor & Rose LLP, where, in addition to his law practice, he served on the firm’s management committee for many years.
• Representation of a regional bank in connection with loans secured by senior housing projects in numerous states.
• Representation of an apartment developer/syndicator in connection with its acquisition of 3 multi-family projects in Houston, Texas.
• Representation of a borrower in connection with HUD loans secured by nursing homes in Alabama.
• Counsel to the Alabama State Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance.
• Representation of a lending syndicate in connection with its organization and provision of a mezzanine loan facility to finance the recapitalization of a commercial real estate company.
Haskins is listed in Best Lawyers (real estate and banking) and Chambers (USA) (real estate), listed as Super Lawyer in areas of Real Estate, Securities & Corporate Finance and Banking.
He is the author of the Alabama section of The Law of Guaranties, ABA Business Law Section, 2013; and the Alabama section of Commercial Lending Law: A State by State Survey, ABA Business Law Section, 2009.
Haskins received his B.A. from Vanderbilt University in 1985 and his J.D. from the University of Alabama in 1992.
© 2014 Haskins Jones, LLC. All Rights Reserved.